Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Quilty 365 - Linking Up

As many of you know, Audrey over at Quilty Folk is hosting a year-long quilt-along she's named Quilty 365, and today is her first linky party where we get to share our progress and admire what everyone else has been doing along the way.  These quilts are a very personal journey for each participant, a journey with a simple premise, to choose one fabric each day that reflects that day's mood, the weather, a holiday, whatever represents that day in your quilting life.  Applique a circle of your chosen fabric to a 4 1/2 inch square.  Next day, repeat.  For a year, or even a bit longer, depending on your desired finished quilt size.

And it's not to late to join in.  Several participants are a week or two ahead of my progress, others have just begun their own Quilty 365 journey.  It's all great fun and great encouragement to share our progress with some new quilty friends as well as long-time blogging buddies.

Today will be day 23 in this girl's Quilty 365 odyssey, as I began on Monday, November 9.  Though today's circle isn't yet stitched (it is only 7 a.m.) I'm happy to report that so far I've been able to stay on task and have a completed applique circle for each day so far of this year-long journey!
The first 22 days

It's difficult to resist the urge to pull scraps for a week's worth of circles at a time, so there's a messy pile in one corner of the cutting table most of the time these days, with several other projects going on simultaneously.  And I tell you, it's doubly hard to resist cutting just one little circle out of a corner of some favorite fabrics waiting in their respective bins for quilts still in the planning stages!  But this like so many other quilts will be built from a year of patience, one piece at a time, of contemplative stitching while sipping a mug of morning latte or evening tea.  I've been documenting each week's progress, this is my third week - days 15-21:
Week 3

and yesterday - day 22:

Now, it's time to link up with Audrey at Quilty Folk, then find some breakfast, pour a second cup of coffee and come back and check out what everyone else has been stitching.

29 comments:

Maryse said...

Wow, it's looking fabulous!!

Debbie said...

My pick today would be gray for our heavy fog! Your fabric selection so far is wonderful. I can see what a lot of fun this one will be to put together. Going over to see some others. Keep it up...great job.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Pretty circles....love that bird one :)

SandraC said...

I love your fabrics!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your circles - I am making mine more like once a week then every day I think we all have to do what works for us. Your selection looks great.

Lori said...

Fun project!

DeeDee said...

I absolutely adore your fabric choices. These blocks will make a remarkable quilt when it is finished.

Janet O. said...

You are doing well. I don't applique, and I am never able to keep up with "daily" anything, so I will enjoy the view of everyone else's projects. : )

audrey said...

Love the rich backgrounds and your beautiful circle fabrics! So striking! Thanks for joining in.:)

Julierose said...

Oh Babica--your circles are so lovely...aren't you just loving this??? hugs, Julierose

Gisele said...

Great circles, I agree it is very difficult to resist doing more than one a day :)

Cathy said...

Lovely circles...congrats for sticking to it so far!

scraphappy said...

Quilting is a patient hobby, even more so with one block a day.

Kyle said...

It would be hard to make this a daily journey. I would be inclined to stockpile, but then it wouldn't really reflect what colors and patterns you were that day. You're doing a fantastic job.

Dana Gaffney said...

I like this idea, it's makes for an interesting journey with your fabric, I'd be tempted to write something on the back to remind me why I picked that fabric. Your's look so good together.

Ruth said...

I enjoy seeing your fabric choices. It does look like fun - am I getting tempted?

Doris Perlhuhn said...

beautiful circles - will be a beautiful quilt

Rebecca in AK said...

Your circles are looking wonderful!

Karen said...

Your fabric choices are very interesting. Your circle blocks are going to make an amazing quilt.

Heidi said...

Very pretty, especially the birds! And your use of darks and lights is great too. I have had to use restraint too, I find myself thinking ahead; what I will use on my bday, next time my sister visits, the day of the next concert I go to, etc..

Stephie said...

What a wonderful journey you've begun. I love the overall look of your circles, there's a darker tone to them that feels warm and just right for the time of year. It's exciting to see how some of your circles have become spheres too, because of the way you've placed the prints. It's such an enjoyable project, keep on keeping on!

Angie said...

I'm with you - being patient and picking each day's fabric as it comes to me. Wonderful fabrics and I like that some of them have dark backgrounds!

Kaja said...

Isn't it fun that the more of these you do, the better they look?

CosoQueTeCoso said...

Te están quedando preciosos!!!
Muchas gracias por la visita a mi blog.
Seguiremos en contacto con el Quilt 365
Besitos.

Sophie Zaugg said...

Very pretty ! I like the bright and large prints on the warm background.

Ann said...

The variety of backgrounds adds even more to these charming circles. What fun to see everyone's progress.

Sisbabestitches said...

Oh my such rich fabrics! I like your thought about patience, I'm resisting that urge to break into some fat quarters etc too. It's a nice sustaining thought that as I go through the year (hopefully) making stuff there will be some new fabric scraps to play with for this :) Thanks for your insights :)

Kathy S. said...

Lovely fabrics! Can't wait to see how you put them all together. I have just started and joined in on the fun. I did day 3 today. Keep going!

Marle said...

You have so lovely fabrics! I like also your backgrounds.