It finished at 16 inches more or less square, after trimming. An interesting observation, I usually use a square hoop for hand quilting, but in this case used an older round one since my square hoops are too large for this little quilt. Generally I haven't had to square up a hand quilted project but the edges of this one were seriously distorted after the quilting. I ended up trimming a good quarter inch or so on each side to square it up as best I could.
Trying to find an angle to show the quilting a bit better
The backing is another vintage fabric, the texture of the base fabric looks and feels much like the feedsack I used on the back of Palmateer Point, though in this case the printed flower/dot design appears to be some sort of paint? I wasn't able to needle through those printed flowers as they were just thick enough that the tiny #10 between needle would veer off to the side everytime it came in contact with them. It would be interesting to know exactly how the design was printed and what that material is.
This fabric was in the same bundle of feedsack and vintage fabrics I had found at an estate sale back in Oregon. In its most recent life it had been made into a cafe curtain, with rod pocket and nicely (machine) stitched hem.
This will be my last finish for September, as tomorrow will be taken up preparing for our quilt ministry's second quilt show at the annual fall harvest festival held across the road from the church at the old grange hall grounds. With all the cool rainy weather we've been having I'm happy that our show will be inside the church building. I hope to have some photos to share early next week.