After finishing the baby quilt earlier this month and perusing the bulging closet and general chaos surrounding me, I decided the next big thing needing tackling is the quilt tops awaiting machine quilting. Not to mention the two bed-size hand-quilting projects
still currently underway. So, the "needing machine quilting" tally was 3 bed size and one toddler/young child size quilt. Then there's another bed size top approaching completion at quilt ministry. And all the "wanna do" projects list that keeps growing! I'd really rather start a few new piecing projects than endure the tedium of machine quilting, don't you know!
That said, my nose to the grindstone for the past couple weeks, I finally finished the oldest and largest of the list, the "Lines and Boxes II" quilt, which is nearly a clone of the one finished around three years ago for donation to the annual camp auction. This is the latest one, which will stay with us as an additional winter quilt when the snow flies. Shown here on the guest room queen size bed. It finished at 86x96 inches.
Quilting this one was more than a tad tedious and hard on the wrists, as it is quilted entirely with diagonal lines, stitched in the ditch on every stinkin' seam! Or as close to the ditch as my eyes and coordination allowed, lol.
A lot of wonderfully scrappy pieces went into the making of these quilts, both from a few generous donations and my own stash. My hubby loves the colors and so this will be "his" quilt.
It has been way too hot and steamy for outside photos, with intermittent thunderstorms and wet ground, so all photos were indoors before the first wash/dry which is happening as I write this.