Sorting through fabric bins a couple weeks back I found two pieces of a rainwear type fabric, one in navy and the other a burgundy color, probably found at a long-ago yard sale. I had no idea what I was going to do with them until I saw the tutorial for this tote. Each had less than a yard left, but enough to meet the fabric requirements, and there was enough yardage of a blue print for the contrasting band, handles and lining. This is the result.
The only fusible interfacing available in our local store was quite lightweight. Andy's tutorial recommended Pellon 809 which our store did not carry. I think this bag is a bit lighter weight than I'd like, and I've ordered some of the recommended Pellon before proceeding to work with the burgundy fabric. Although the instructions for the interfacing I did have recommended against using it on rainwear, it did work reasonably well, though a few small ripples appeared after the final pressing.
A closer look at the contrasting print. Love that fabric!
Now I just need to find a piece of something stiff enough to line the bottom of the bag to provide a bit more stability.
Moving right along, the binding for Sajou just needs hand stitching on the back, the two Christmas quilts are awaiting their binding, hopefully tomorrow, and another holiday project is waiting in the wings. Oh yes, the second cataract surgery is scheduled for Thursday, hopefully everything will go smoothly as the first one last week!
Our prayers for all those affected by the utter devastation happening in California this week.