Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Running with Cucumbers and Auction Finds

Once again I'm a few days late in posting, seems the old computer that holds ALL of my photos and quilting files is dying a slow but sure death.  It is over seven years old, ancient it seems in computer technology though I know quilts that have taken way longer than that just to reach the finished stage!  Anyhow, my dear hubby brought home a newfangled computer that is completely housed in the monitor - imagine that - and we are slowly, laboriously, copying a few files at a time onto a 64 gb thumb drive and transferring them. 

Needless to say my favorite photo-editing program (a 2006 Microsoft photo editing-simple to use program) isn't even available anymore, sigh.  But we persevere.  Sorry for some of the dark photos, I haven't figured out yet how to lighten them.

Last weekend's auction was fun, fun, fun!  This is a small very rural country auction, held every Labor Day weekend to benefit a local church camp that hosts several hundred children and teens during the summer months.  It isn't heavily advertised and doesn't draw city folk with deep pockets, but those beautiful souls who yearly save up any extra cash in order to come and show their support by purchasing the homemade jams, pickles, berry pies, used and newly crafted furniture, and of course quilts! 

So, without further ado, a sampling of the quilts that were sold on Saturday;
That beautiful Trip Around the World is hand quilted.








And, look at what I snagged - as the only bidder - for a mere $5.00!

A 90" Grace frame, which I wondered if we could even fit in the house!  It's in a temporary spot right now, but at least it didn't have to be stored in the barn for the winter.  I see a huge learning curve ahead!  And a lot of shuffling of other stuff so we can move it to a more suitable spot for actually quilting. 

So, if you've ever had a 16-month old Aussie and a garden simultaneously, you know what comes next, lol!  Seems he loves to help 'daddy' dig in the garden, not to mention choosing his own veggies and racing around the yard, then leaving them in places like the front porch, the driveway, or even burying them in the flower beds, and we can't forget his favorite game - keep-away!
Show dog?  Nah, Mud-bucket is more like it!

Guilty as charged



10 comments:

Food and Fiber Floozie said...

OMgoodness....first I just have to say that that picture with the cucumber is PRICELESS!! And I saw several quilts I would have loved to have owned....I have no idea where I'd put them as I have enough of my own, but they were beautiful and there were several patterns I'm hoping to try in the future. (dreamsoaps@aol.com)

Pat said...

There are some really sweet quilts there - I am seeing lots of tiny piecing going on! Your pup is so much to read about...our shelties are the same way...they learned early on how to very carefully strip pea pods off the vines...they just seem to know when the peas are ready too. Gardening with pooches is so entertaining and they get to eat healthy too.

Kyle said...

I hope those lovely quilts brought in enough $$$ to help with the kids and camp. I didnt know pups and cucs went together. But your photos prove they do.

Debbie said...

Wow...get find/win on the frame. It would have to be in my garage, but I am sure you will figure it out:) Wonderful quilts...sure hope they raised enough funds. And the Mudbucket title is precious! You do have your hands full.

Barbara said...

Wonderful pictures of the quilts. Hope your auction netted you some good funding.

Needled Mom said...

Wow...that was the deal of the day! Have fun with the learning curve.

It's so nice to have such a helpful garden assistant. ;-)

Janet O. said...

Oh, I wish I could have attended the auction. Look at those lovely quilts!
Yes, a great deal on that frame.
I hope the auction raised enough money!
What a funny story about your dog (since it isn't my garden). LOL

Ruth said...

What a great auction with gorgeous quilts!

Lizzy D said...

Beautiful quilts! I hope they brought what they deserve. My fave is number seven the brown postage stamp/ chimney sweep. Oh wow I d have snapped it up.

Your doggy is hilarious! He looks so proud and happy with his stolen yummy. I hope his tummy didn't rebel? lizzy lizzzz.d@gmail.com

Nann said...

What a wonderful auction -- and, oh, a $5 frame! Wow!