Sunday, January 26, 2020

One Monthly Goal - January Progress

This month my One Monthly Goal was to continue hand quilting my Westering Women quilt with the hope of completing all the blocks and perhaps begin work on the outer borders/edge.  As of today I've almost completed that goal and am on target to finish the remaining row by the end of January, which will take me well into the top border.  I'm posting my progress now because I'll no doubt forget to link up by the end of the week!

So, here's where I am as of this afternoon.  The front, where I hope to finish off the bear paw block in the upper right with tonight's quilting session:

Here's what the back looks like, the color is closer to true on the left side of the photo, although there are two slightly different light yellow prints on the back, accounting for some of the color change.  I'm loving the texture the combination of wool batting and Baptist fan quilting are giving the quilt.  The lone rogue block on the back is one that turned out too large for the front - waste not!


Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal January Finish post. 

12 comments:

Chantal said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! ;^)

Hill Top Post said...

I love this quilt! And, the rogue block too!

Kyle said...

Wow! Look at all that quilting! The texture really shows up beautifully on the back.

Quilting Babcia said...

Thank you so much!

Barb said...

lovely quilt! the fans look great and love that you are hand quilting it.
the block on the back is fun!

Barbara said...

That is beautiful! Nice work!

QuiltGranma said...

Wonderful finish! I've always loved that fan quilting, and using wool batting too, so toasty warm it will be!

Lizzy D said...

Beautiful, such lovely texture.

lizzy

Janet O. said...

Oh, I love this! The quilting design and the extra block on back are added bonuses.
Love the Fans! I plan to use Baptist Fans on a couple of quilts I have in the works--doing it on one of them to practice it for the other finish. :)

Quilting Babcia said...

We will still have another month or so of winter when this is finished so it will be tested immediately!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

The baptist fan quilting is so great! Nice that your backing is light and solid to show that great hand quilting.

Patty said...

Beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.