Friday, May 10, 2019

A May Finish

Feeling just a wee bit ahead of the game with my One Monthly Goal finished so early in the month!  My goal was to finish this comfort quilt for a young boy in our area who is suffering complications from Lyme disease.  It has been delivered to him and hopefully he loves it as much as I loved making it for him.

The morning after the binding was stitched we awoke to a lovely hazy sunshine, sometimes perfect for outdoor photos.  So, even before my morning cuppa I whisked it outside for a few shots.


Sadly my lack of coffee must have had something to do with my shaky hands that morning as most of the outside shots turned out rather blurry.   And, the ground was wet from rain the previous evening so by the time we came back inside the quilt headed right for the washer and me for the coffee pot!

When the quilt was dry, we tried again, this time inside.


Quilting was mostly simple outlining of some of the major elements in each block, loopy meander around the solid block borders, and meandering of the large 10-inch outer border.

A couple close-ups:



And a look at the back - I love this print, reminds me so much of my own childhood back in the 50s when things like decoder rings, rocket ships, comic books and science kits were all the rage.


And with that, I'll wish you all a lovely weekend!  Linking with Wendy's Peacock Party.  I'll link with Patty at Elm Street Quilts when her One Monthly Goal linky party opens later this month.


12 comments:

Needled Mom said...


It's a lovely finish and will go to such a deserving child.

---"Love" said...

No wonder the little boy loves that quilt; it is adorable! ---"Love"

Debbie said...

This turned out great and super cool with the backing fabric. Next time remember...coffee first!

Barbara said...

Wow...that’s pretty. Really like the quilt back too.

julieQ said...

Just a wonderful finish...bravo!

Lizzy D said...

Very beautiful, magical for a child in need. Ihope it brings him comfort and distracts his mind from his health challenges.

lizzy

Kyle said...

It's a wonderful finish!

Jan Hebert said...

Beautiful quilt and a thoughtful gift for this young man. I found you through "Rogue Quilter". Thank you for sharing!

Quilting Babcia said...

Thanks so much for visiting and your sweet comment!

Janet O. said...

You made a wonderful quilt for the boy. It has so much to see and discover, and the backing is really fun.
The quilting looks good to me!
Congrats on a great finish!

Barb said...

What a generous gift! I know he'll love it. It can be a terrible disease. The fun is wonderful too

Patty said...

Beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!