Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Sajou, Part 1

It's time again for Lori's (Humble Quilts) little fall quiltalong, and I think this is going to be much fun!  So much so that mid-afternoon today I stopped working on my October OMG and dug out a bin of fabrics I hoped would work.  Though Lori has made her version using an assortment of French General fabrics, I knew there were precious few in my stash, so out came a bin of leftovers from my French Country Strippy quilt (still in the hand quilting process).

And look what I found for the center 'medallion' - a Jinny Beyer print from 2006 that has been waiting patiently in my stash ever since!

Isn't it fun finding a hoarded much loved fabric that has been pining away in the totes forever?  The featherweight was set up on the dining room table again and the first block was completed in one evening. 
Can't wait for the next installment!  And I'd wager you will see that focus fabric again before this little quilt is declared a finish.


8 comments:

Chantal said...

Love the print you used for the medallion. So gorgeous! Well done. ;^)

Janet O. said...

Look at you! I just came from the sewing room where I was sorting through fabrics, looking for my focus square.
I love what you have used! I actually had a French General bird print in mind, but the bird is too large. Now I am back to square one, or without a square--however you want to look at it.
Really pretty so far!

Debbie said...

Beautiful...so love that focus fabric! And you have a great mix of value on this. Can't wait to see what happens with it:)

Pat said...

Love how that gorgeous fabric was just patiently waiting to find its proper setting...a perfect choice!! Lori’s SAL’s are always fun and before we lost our power last night during a major storm, I had actually started poking around to see what I could find...but then it got really dark!!

Connie said...

Such an elegant block. Your fabric choices are gorgeous.
Happy quilting.
Connie :)

Kyle said...

You dug deep for that lovely center medallion. I love saving fabrics too. You're off to a great start. I'm going to have join in too.

Needled Mom said...

Wow....I love that bird fabric. It's so hard to use those prized pieces.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful fabrics, this QAL is going to be fun!