Monday, October 29, 2018

One Monthly Goal - October Finish Link-up and a November Goal

It's time to post my goal finish for this month on Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.


This is my first month posting, and I'll have to say that having that goal in mind kept me on task, and tada, here is my finish, photographed on one of the few sunny mornings we've had in October.

You can find my full post about this finish with a few more photos here.

November is going to be an iffy month as far as goal-setting goes, since I'll be having cataract surgery on both eyes and then hubby will have his first cataract surgery at the end of the month.  So I'll keep my goal simple, with the not-so-secret hope of actually accomplishing more.  My little Sajou top is beckoning me to finish the quilting and binding, and so I'll make that my November goal.

Sajou, the flimsy

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal October finish, and linking up a second time with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal for November.

13 comments:

Pat said...

Congratulations on meeting your October OMG! And beautifully met indeed. Add in your delightful Sajou QAL and you have had a very good month. Love the rice colors and the center medallion and triangle fabric is stunning. I agree, Joining the OMG really does get a person motivated.

Kyle said...

Keeping those goals up front, does keep the task from being squirreled away.

Karrin Hurd said...

Congratulations on your finish, it is beautiful!

Janet O. said...

Your October finish is so gorgeous!
I wish you well with your cataract surgery.

Patty said...

Wowza - that is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Barb said...

Beautiful finish! and your SAL is wonderful. I love to see all the variations!
Good luck with the surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery

Barbara said...

That is a great finish. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for your surgery. Another friend has been through the process of having both eyes done, and she’s reached a point where she’s finished with changes to her vision. She’s very happy with the outcome, and so I hope you will be too.

Cathy said...

Good luck with your surgery and with your goal!
And, again, congrats on that finish!

Needled Mom said...

Setting goals is a great way to keep motivated. The finish is just gorgeous. Good luck with the surgeries. You will love the improvement.

Marly said...

You. little quilt is lovely; I hope you get it done. I hope too that the surgery goes well and that your recovery is speedy. You'll be able to see your quilt so much better then!

Patty said...

Your little quilt is lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Ruth said...

Your finished quilt is gorgeous and I looked to see if I had the Quilt Sampler magazine that it was published in (just in case I decided to make it), but couldn't find it. That doesn't mean I don't have it, because I save all of those. I probably use missed it or it's not where it's supposed to be (shock!). I had cataract surgery this year and it didn't really stop me from quilting very much. It is a pretty easy recovery. Are you having both eyes at once? Mine were a month apart. Hope it goes well for you.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute Sajou quilt! And good luck with the surgery