Monday, February 1, 2021

One Monthly Goal for February

 February already (or at last - depending on how much snow is falling) and time to set a One Monthly Goal for the month.  

I've been hand quilting Sing the Blues Mama Lou for several months and as of today the four-inch borders need to be marked and quilted and binding added for a finish.  Here's what it looked like when I took a photo last week:

My hope is to completely finish this quilt in February, but knowing how slowly I hand quilt, my One Monthly Goal will be to finish quilting at least two sides of the outer border.  Anything more will be icing on the cake!


Linking with Patty at Elm Street Quilts where you can visit to see many other projects in progress and set your own goal for this month. Thanks Patty for hosting this goal setting party each month.

17 comments:

julieQ said...

OH how I love this quilt...and hand quilted! Lovely!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely hand quilting. Good luck with your goal!

Cathy said...

I love the way you are hand quilting those white star areas. Good luck on your goal.

Robin said...

You hand quilting is really lovely. I'm always surprised by how long it takes to hand quilt something. I've been working on the one I have on my frames for a month and I'm only 1/4 of the way. I just keep telling myself it won't get done if I don't diligently work on it. Nose to the grindstone - ha!

Kyle said...

I love all the texture that quilt has. You've done a phenomenal job. It's a beautiful quilt.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh how I love "Sing the Blues Mama Lou." Both the name of the quilt and the quilt! It is definitely way up there when it comes to my favorite quilts ever! Do you use a hoop to do all of your hand quilting? And, how much snow is falling?

Barbara said...

So pretty. I’m looking forward to seeing the finish too.

Paulette said...

Such a pretty quilt, and your hand quilting is beautiful!

Debbie said...

Looks grand with your hand quilting. Take two months for the border sounds lie a doable plan. Enjoy it.

Janet O. said...

I am so impressed!! Looks great!

QuiltGranma said...

I love the way hand quilting adds such softness and texture to a quilt... very tactile friendly!

Needled Mom said...

That’s beautiful. The quilting is so pretty.

Quilting Babcia said...

I always use a hoop when hand quilting unless it's a really small mini quilt. We ended up with about a foot of snow from the nor'easter.

Quilting Babcia said...

Thanks. I wish I could hand quilt all my quilts, the texture is so much nicer.

Kaja said...

Your quilting is just lovely!

Jan Hebert said...

Such a pretty quilt. I love hand quilted quilts. Good luck with your goals! Jan in MA

Nancy said...

I really like how you're quilting this, Pat, giving the white background its own interest space. I am like you and hope to do more but set the real goal for what I'm sure I can do. Best wishes for meeting and exceeding your goal!