Thursday, February 11, 2021

Jacob's Roses is Finished

Earlier this week I finished this lap quilt that I'm calling Jacob's Roses.  It will be on its way to the recipient as soon as I can get it boxed and taken to the post office. The recipient is the widow of my husband's best friend growing up, who is recovering from severe injuries sustained in an auto accident last fall and just recently was able to return home from the hospital and rehab center.


The Jacobs Ladder blocks came to me via Julie in Georgia from an orphan quilt giveaway.  She had completed several blocks and the remainder were under construction.  Finishing the blocks became my leader and ender project during the fall.  Luckily there were a couple pieces of 1990s Jinny Beyer fabric in the stash just enough to complete the border and binding.

I had plenty of help all through the entire construction and quilting and binding process.




"M-o-m, what about me?"

A couple more finish photos:



Reminds me of that old song "Wherever we go, whatever we do, we're going to go through it - together!"

Happy quilting!

17 comments:

Chantal said...

Sorry to hear about this poor woman. I'm sure the quilt will bring her some comfort if not a smile. If ever you want to make a quilt for your cat you know exactly which colours to pick, lol. Too cute. Congratulations on this finish. ;^)

audrey said...

Oh, what a sweet, sweet gesture. Very happy looking quilt.:)

Hill Top Post said...

There's just something about sewing and kitties. Or is it that they just happen to be in love with the one doing the sewing? The quilt turned out beautifully, of course! Your friend will enjoy it immensely, and hopefully it will help her to feel better soon.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your Jacob Roses quilt is so pretty (and, your helpers are adorable) and what a nice thing, to give it to your friend. How daunting, to be widowed and then suffer a serious accident.

Robin said...

What a lovely quilt. How nice to be making something so pretty for someone else.

Kyle said...

What a lovely quilt to be shared with someone special. The colors are so bright and happy. Love seeing your cute helpers!

Debbie said...

Your special touch shows in this comfort giving quilt! It is just so warm and inviting to cuddle in. I know she will love and enjoy it.

Angie said...

Gorgeous finish and adorable helpers!

Barbara said...

Beautiful quilt and a special gift that will bring much comfort. You obviously have excellent helpers.

FlourishingPalms said...

It's great to know how you rescued this UFO and gave it a new and useful life! Making it a leader/ender project was sure a good way to get it done "for free." I am sure your friend will really appreciate having this lovely gift to keep her warm, and as a reminder of your concern and friendship. You're a good person, Pat.

Quilting Babcia said...

Haha, as far as the kitten is concerned, anything he can attack is fair game! The dog just wants treats and ALL the attention!

Needled Mom said...

That is such a lovely gift. I can see that your helpers are about as much help as mine! ;-)

Janet O. said...

A nice finish! Sounds like this quilt is going to a good home.
You have such good helpers. :)

Nancy said...

Gorgeous! I forget the power of repetition in a finished quilt. I think it's comforting and yet I have trouble making the same blocks over and over again with the exact same fabrics. I think it is a challenge I will have to set for myself one of these days.
Your kitty is so beautiful. It's endearing that he (or she) wants to be with you. So many cats couldn't care less about their people. Your dog has such a sweet face.

QuiltGranma said...

Such a special gift for a woman who has been through a lot! Beautiful, and love the kittie and doggie too!

Barb said...

What a wonderful quilt and I'm sure it will be well loved.
Really sweet pet photos!

Barbara said...

What a thoughtful gift. Love the pattern and the colors. I'm sure this quilt will be cherished for years to come. Your little helpers are just the cutest :)