Monday, December 23, 2019

Holiday Littles

Still hoping to make one more project before Wednesday morning!  I wonder how many others are doing the same ...  Christmas cookie-baking in full swing as well (finally) and tomorrow's list includes pumpkin pie for Christmas dinner with son and DIL and three of the grands.  Happy times.

I did manage to finish a couple small projects, the first for my daughter's birthday last week.


The second is yet another in the "pieced from Lois's scraps" series.  Last year she made a Christmas quilt from a kit of Moda's Gingiber fabrics.  She must have downsized her version a bit as there were all these lovely fabric squares and strips in the box that showed up at one of our meetings last summer.  When nobody snapped it up, I snagged it and made this cute set of placemats.


Easy-peasy piecing and a bit of simple FMQ, add binding and done!  And yes, we're keeping these for ourselves - Merry Christmas to us!  They reverse to this sweet wintery print I've had in my stash for several years.
A couple close-ups:


OK, off now to raid a couple scrap bins and see if another set of potholders and an oven mitt can be finished by tomorrow evening.  But not before wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year!   I'll be back in a few days with a December mini finish.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Ohhh just lovely prints is right ;))))--I hope your Christmas is a Merry
one and your New Year Happy and Health hugs, Julierose

Lizzy D said...

Such cute projects! I think I must make some potholders sometime---but not this year. I am off back to the kitchen, making the lasagna ahead, to reheat tomorrow! The spiced nuts are so delish! Thank you!

lizzy lizzzz.d@gmail.com

Debbie said...

I love your new place mats! and the birds on the back will carry it thru winter. I finished my last project and got it off with a photo, so today is baking. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Barbara said...

I love those placemats, and I really like the backing fabric. Very cute. Cooking for me today. We do our celebration on Christmas Eve. Have a Merry Christmas at your end. Stay warm.

Jan Hebert said...

Very cute projects! Love the backing fabric, my lqs carries many fabrics that depict birds and I love to buy them! Such pretty prints. I made a pot holder with one of the cardinal ones this year. Merry Christmas! Jan from MA

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Great use of your scraps for pothholderg and Christmas to you and your famiily? Love fun projects like these! Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Carolyn

QuiltGranma said...

What a wonderful find in that give away box! And love the chick-a-dee backing fabric too! Yes, sometimes we need to remember to make ourselves presents too. Nice job!