Tuesday, January 1, 2019

My January One Monthly Goal

Looking forward to the new year, I find myself needing to consider adjusting to a new reality, that of more impaired vision.  While hoping for the best from the cataract surgeries, I always knew there was a chance that a new 'normal' would be part of the equation.  And so it is, thus far at least.  I won't bore you with all the details at this point, but hope still remains that the next new set of prescription glasses will at least allow me to see up close without constant headaches, dizziness, and sometimes double vision. 

So, on to January's One Monthly Goal, that of finishing a baby quilt by the middle of the month!  While I had the fabrics since October or so, I waited until after the surgeries to begin working on this quilt hoping my vision would be improved, and then waiting until the new prescription for reading/sewing glasses arrived.  When I had to send back the first set of glasses, and the deadline looming, last week I finally began piecing some borders onto this absolutely adorable central panel.  So thankful I'd decided to keep things simple!!  It ended up even more simple than I had first planned.

Here is the completed flimsy.  The mom's chosen colors for the nursery are shades of gray and black with accents of blue. 


My One Monthly Goal for January will be to complete this quilt in time for the baby shower in less than three weeks. Joining  Elm Street Quilts for the One Monthly Goal January Goal Setting Linkup.

12 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Sorry about your eye trouble and hope you find a workable solution! Cute little quilt and it’s always fun to have something special to gift at a shower.

Janet O. said...

Oh, so sorry the vision issues are still with you. I'll be praying for a better outcome.
That baby quilt is adorable. It didn't need anything more than it got in the way of borders. The center steals the show anyway. And it sounds as though the colors are perfect.

Debbie said...

Bummer....I had so hoped your vision problems would improve with the glasses. I hate it when an event turns into a long saga but I think that is what you have.
The baby quilt finished off wonderfully , and it is most adorable.

Barbara said...

So sorry about your vision problems. I’ve heard those same complaints before from others, and I don’t know whether they ever resolved. My FIL was happy with his results, but he had only one eye to begin with, so no double vision. Your little quilt turned out great, and that panel is adorable.

Kyle said...

I think everyone's normal changes as the years move on, but I hope your vision will continue to improve. The baby quilt is adorable. It doesn't need another thing. Keeping it simple was the perfect plan.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

It's so annoying trying to get the right prescription for eye glasses--hope it all gets worked out soon. I think it took almost a year before I felt my eyes had completely healed after my cataract surgery. It sounds like you are under a deadline--hope you get that sweet little quilt finished in time!

Patty said...

Very cute quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Nancy said...

Oh, Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about your vision problems. What misery to have the headaches, dizziness, and blurry vision, especially when it prevents you from doing something you love!

Your quilt is absolutely perfect. I don't know what you planned but I can't imagine it better than it is. And that center panel is adorable! Best wishes on completing your goal in time for the shower!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The baby quilt is absolutely precious; what a lucky baby! I will be keeping you in my prayers for improving vision, I can only imagine what a struggle this is for you. I love the monthly goal plan, wishing you all the best for much success with that. Happy New Year!

Needled Mom said...

That is not the results we were hoping for with the cataract surgery. I am so sorry. Your quilt turned out so cute.

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your vision problems. I can't imagine dealing with that, though I should probably expect it someday. Good for you to persevere to make this quilt. I am sure it will be loved.

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

Great panel! Good luck with your 2019 goal achievements! and may healing come your way!