Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Blogger Comments - a home-grown fix?

UPDATE:  Since posting the information below last evening, Carol of Just Let me Quilt has posted a wonderful step-by-step tutorial explaining how to fix the Blogger comment issue!  Just click on the link above to reach her tutorial.  And a big THANK YOU to Gayle of Mangofeet blog for passing along this information to me which got the ball rolling.  We are all so very thankful!!

Today I received a comment on my most recent post from Gayle of Mangofeet blog.  She advised that she has fixed her Blogger comment issue by going into the settings and adding a gmail address into the email comment block.  She received an email at that address requesting confirmation of this as a new 'subscription' for comments, and once she confirmed she started receiving comments again!

So I tried this.  Since I already had my account set to a gmail address, I changed it to another email account I have, confirmed the change when requested, and then made a test comment on my blog.  Got it!    So, then I went in and changed the comment address back to my original gmail account (where I already have many of my blog commenters addresses), reconfirmed that subscription, and voila, my next test comment arrived in my gmail inbox!  Yay!   Now, to see if your comments will do the same.

I hope this explanation is clear, and I hope this works for you too!  Thanks Gayle!

Quilty photos in my next post!

19 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Oh yeah. I'm glad that worked for you. It has been so frustrating. I have been getting most of my comments, but they all come through as "no reply" bloggers.

julieQ said...

OK! So let me know if this works...thank you!

Janet O. said...

Okay--tell me if this comes through!

Quilting Babcia said...

Yes, these comments came right through - yay!!

Debbie said...

Thanks....going to play computer geek today and get this thing fixed since blogger won't help!

Debbie said...

YAY!!! Jumping up and down....you solved the problem. I got it to work. HUGS

Carol Swift said...

This worked...thank you for the "home-grown fix!"

Barb said...

thanks! I tried some of this a few weeks ago but it didn't work.
I'll try again!

Barbara said...

Well, I tried it, and it seems to be working. Hope it lasts. I used an email address other than gmail for the interim step, then switched back to the gmail address I use, and both emails worked. I’m not sure it has to be a gmail address, although it probably can’t be a yahoo address. Google and yahoo don’t get along for some reason. Must be the “oo” in each of their names...just a guess.

Scrapatches said...

Thank You! This has fixed my comment problem ... :-) Pat

Needled Mom said...

Happy summer. Hope it works.

gayle said...

You're welcome! I'm glad it's working for everyone. I was going to do a blog post about it, but looks like you've got it covered. Enjoy!

audrey said...

Thank you for this info! I read about this on another blog, but since I had a gmail account, it only worked when I switched to another email account first. Thankfully I was able to switch bag to the gmail after I logged out and then got back in. Finally a fix! Replying to comments had gotten so time consuming!

Julie said...

Woohoo!! You are the awesome bringer of fabulous news today, as would say my kids years ago!! Thank you, thank you. I have already passed this on. It works.

FlourishingPalms said...

I hope you receive this. I have done exactly what's been shared, and I've done it three times! A friend has tested my blog for me by commenting. I'm getting NOTHING. So-o discouraging! Linda

Ruth said...

Thanks!!! It was easy and it worked. Why was this necessary? Couldn't they have fixed it or at least let us know what to do?

Annie said...

It seems to have worked for me. I switched to my yahoo email then back to my gmail email. I got messages for both. I hope this is a true fix. Thanks for the info!

Bernie Kringel said...

What a great fix. I will share it on my blog too because there are so many frustrated bloggers. Happy to see people are getting this taken care of!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I am on WP / never have been able to comment directly from my blog :) I just visit people back or if they have a question, I take that ( copied and pasted ) to my personal email account in order to answer them :)