Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Stocking Hang Out

It's time to join the fun at the Quilting Lines Christmas Stocking Hang Out, where Patricia is hosting a linky party for all of us quilty types to hang out some stockings we've made, perhaps share a tutorial or two, and admire the gorgeous creations of all the other participants! 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiJeIbEVJfw1-Y9HUPJxt16SpBoS9o6fOJgFbs-T8VmDx_SlBLWOiEeHABoFstDtZq05BZ-mUWzbMzW2uwbQJcBbvk2JE4l7jCmHSZKBQy8YQt4QuJYZr_54teWZdU9LMI-E-4uI-fgLT7W/s400/Stocking.png 

So far, I've only made three quilted Christmas stockings and they were completed around 15 years ago.  All were constructed based on a pattern called Jingle Socks from The Thimbleberries Book of Quilts by Lynette Jensen.  I loved them, and still do, because of their country farmhouse feel.  My favorite part of creating these was doing the handquilting with perle cotton - so simple and effective.  Below are photos of two of the three stockings.  I had cut out fabric for five stockings, and somewhere in my stash of UFO's should be the pieces to complete the remaining two ... perhaps next year!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's stockings and any tutorials that happen along the way, and hope to make stockings for all the grandkids next year.  Thanks to Patricia at Quilting Lines for hosting this Linky Party!

14 comments:

Scrapatches said...

These stocking are so lovely and traditional. I love the quilting details. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

Patricia said...

Great stockings! Love the quilting too! What a relief, apparently I did it right and the linky worked. Thank you so much for sharing your stockings and spreading the word about the Hang Out.

ThreadCatcher said...

Your stockings would be perfect by my fireplace. I like the quilted trees. Thanks for sharing.

LJ said...

Great stockings! They have the primitive look which is so cool.

Penny said...

Those are cute, I like the shape of them

Needled Mom said...

Your stockings are just beautiful. I love the Christmas trees at the top.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I thought your stockings looked like Thimbleberries! I love that look. Just perfect for the holidays!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

So lovely :)

sew.darn.quilt said...

I really like these stockings, they have a rustic look that's very appealing ;D

Judy B said...

Very nice stockings! Love the plaid bindings and the cute stitched tops.

Barb Neiwert said...

Such great stockings - very creative.

Swedish Scrapper said...

These lovely stockings would have looked at home in my grandparents' mountain home. Love the plaids and pearle stitching!

Melinda said...

This is adorable! Love the quilting on this! I'm such a novice when it comes to that part!

Nanbon44 said...

they are so cute