Monday, April 1, 2019

Turning the Corner

Turning the corner - on winter?  Maybe, we awoke to "only" half an inch of new snow today.  Must be April!

Turning another corner today, as I begin the hand quilting on the final border of the basket quilt that has been in the works for at least four years now.


It has been a really positive incentive to post a goal each month since I began linking with Elm Street Quilt's One Monthly Goal for about six months.  This month, my hope is to finish the remaining hand quilting on the basket quilt.  A fabulous bonus would be to have the binding completed too.  Here's hoping!


10 comments:

Robin said...

Just lovely. I love the 'At Water's Edge' line by Blackbird Designs. It's so distinctive and unpredictable. I'm a hand quilter too. There's nothing like it.

Kyle said...

Your goal setting has been a very positive and successful tool for you. Keep up the good work.

FlourishingPalms said...

Good for you! I like long-term projects, especially those I can travel with... until I get to the stage where I can’t travel with them anymore because they’re too cumbersome. I have a tough time doing handwork at home, when my lovely sewing machine is beckoning me to come and sew. I admire your perseverance. You can meet the goal!

Debbie said...

Looks good and glad for the long term project getting almost done! Snow....yep, we are forcast for an inch today. This weather/world is crazy. It was spring over the weekend. Hope it stops in to visit you.

Barbara said...

Oh geez. I guess half an inch of snow is better than half a foot. It will come. Love your project.

Janet O. said...

Yes, a half inch of snow at this time of year is a fleeting thing that is usually gone in the afternoon sun, if not sooner. :)
I commend you on your progress with your hand quilting. I need to buckle down and work on the project in my hoop.

Patty said...

So pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck with your project!

Rebecca Grace said...

You’re getting so close now! Beautiful fabric and I love the cable. You can do it!

Lynette said...

This looks like a really pretty quilt - can't wait to see the whole piece. It must feel so nice to be almost finished with its quilting! OMG is great, isn't it?

Barb said...

cable quilting is one of my all time favorites - it looks great!