Friday, February 22, 2019

February's One Monthly Goal Finish

It's good to meet a goal, and I did manage to complete both the top and back of our Christmas quilt this month.  The completed top:


The back is made up of all the flannel Christmas themed scraps left over from the grandkids' quilts from nearly 10 years ago plus the two Rockwell Christmas quilts completed last fall.  I'm pretty sure there is not a scrap of Christmas flannel left in the stash - yay!


My plan is to set this aside for quilting in the fall, after canning season and the annual benefit auction are over for the year.  Fall and winter are my personal quilting seasons, and I love the slightly more relaxed pace that the change of seasons brings. 

Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts and the One Monthly Goal - February Finish Linkup.
Also linking with Wendy's Quilts and More Peacock Party.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend!  We're bracing for near-hurricane force winds Sunday through Monday, then more snow. 

18 comments:

Debbie said...

The back is almost as much work as the front and nearly as seasonally cute! Good plan. buckle down for the storm....we have had 5 '' of rain so far/with a little sleet thrown in. Ground is saturated, trees are weak and roads have crumbled.....and this is winter? We had thunder and lightening last two nights. Just crazy.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh wow! Love the top and the back! Congratulations on meeting your goal!

Janet O. said...

I love this quilt. I have always wanted to make one, but who knows if it will ever "materialize". (Couldn't resist.)
Pieced backs are so much work! I was working on a pieced back for a throw quilt yesterday--after just a few minutes I thought "Oh, forget it. I am headed to town to help Mom anyway." After I finished at Mom's I drove to the store and bought backing that only needed one seam. I'm so lazy. :)
Your back looks good!

barbara woods said...

I love that quilt! On my list to make for me one day. Beautiful job

audrey said...

What a great idea. I never want to make a Christmas quilt start to finish during the season!

Kyle said...

You made use of all those Christmas flannels.. It's the perfect pattern, fabrics, and colors for the holiday season. Every bit gone? Amazing !!

---"Love" said...

You are way ahead in getting ready for next Christmas! That quilt will add lots of Christmas cheer. ---"Love"

Karrin Hurd said...

Great finish, it is beautiful,

Barbara said...

It looks great. Love the contrasting stars, and the makes it like two quilts in one.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely quilt, and the back is so great! It will keep you warm till quilting!

Meloney said...

How beautiful.Love it

Cathy said...

Congrats on the top and back finish and using those scraps! Canning season will be here before you know it. I have my seeds ready and am just waiting for any sign of spring right now. We had high winds yesterday too. I'm really hoping a dead tree on the fence line between the field and my flower gardens doesn't fall over from all these high winds before we can get it cut down.

Patty said...

Very lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Needled Mom said...

The stars look so pretty and I love your scrappy background.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

What a lovely way to use up your scraps. Thank you for linking up with the Peacock Party.

Nancy said...

I love, love, love this quilt, Pat. What a treasure! Red and green is one of my favorite color combinations and the white stars just enhance the whole effect. I can't remember if you said -- how big are the squares and the sashing, and how big is the finished quilt, please?

Rhonda said...

Congratulations on your finish. I just love this quilt and the scrappy back is a bonus!

Lynette said...

That made a really pretty Christmas quilt! Love the flannel patchwork backing.