Monday, November 19, 2018

November OMG "Sajou" is a Finish!

Last week, between cataract surgeries, I finished the hand quilting and binding for Sajou, my Humble Quilts little quilt-along for this fall and my mini for November.


After attempting photos on a couple different gray days, this was the best I could do.  Hopefully the hand quilting will show up just a bit on at least one of these.  I did ditch quilt the major sashing and border seams by machine, and then hand quilted the rest.


I'll be linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - November Finish  when the linky party goes live at the end of the month.  Now to find a good place to display this little gem.   Thanks again Lori for a fun quilt-along!


11 comments:

Barbara said...

It looks fantastic! I’m surprised you were able to see well enough between surgeries to do hand quilting. Shows what I know about that surgery. I’m so happy for you!

Janet O. said...

A really pretty little finish. Your focus fabric has me absolutely drooling! :)

Needled Mom said...

That is a sweet little finish. I'll bet you are thrilled to have the surgeries behind you.

Lizzy D said...

It's beautiful. Amazing you could see to hand quilt. I am so happy for you that your surgeries went so well

lizzy lizzzz.d@gmail.com

Chantal said...

Congratulations! It's a gorgeous little finish. I will jump to the conclusion that the surgery was a success if you could sew so soon after it. ;^)

Nancy said...

I think this is my favorite Sajou so far. The colors and fabrics are beautiful. I like how you used the dark brown (or is it black?) for the inner border then used it again in two of the outer corners.

It's amazing that you had two cataract surgeries in the same week and that you were able to see well enough to stitch between them. I hope your eyes heal well.

Kyle said...

It looks wonderful. That large print that you used for the center and triangles is definitely the showstopper.

Patty said...

Very pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and congrats on your finish!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Congratulations! It's a pretty mini

Cathy said...

Congrats on meeting your goal despite your surgeries! I agree with Kyle's comment on the large print you used - definitely the show stopper.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a lovely quilt and it looks great displayed with your cabinet :)