Monday, June 29, 2020

June Mini

While I had hoped to have a different mini finish for June, the decision to hand quilt that piece slowed the process.  It should be ready for July's linkup with Wendy at The Constant Quilter

In the meantime another small free motion practice piece that I wanted to save, especially for the dahlia design - fun to do and especially effective on a solid or nearly solid border.  Without further ado -

The front

and the reverse 

I'll link up with Wendy when she posts her June linky party.   In the meantime if you haven't seen her posts while building her Community Supper quilt, be sure to check out her recent blog posts.  This is going to be one fabulous quilt!


9 comments:

---"Love" said...

For sure you would want to save and finish that free motion practice session! It is beautiful! The dahlia with all those little points appears to be much like one of the flowers in my recent wall hanging. It was a doozy me to do, but I did the best I could. Yours looks absolutely perfect to me! ---"Love"

Kyle said...

Your use of the colored thread on the black is striking. That's an indication of a confident quilter!

Debbie said...

Wow, good job on that design. And any finish is good!

Barbara said...

Your quilting looks great!

Lizzy D said...

You do such beautiful FMQ, wow.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Fabulous! What I love about these little guys is that they look so good from both sides! Thanks for another great mini.

FlourishingPalms said...

Your quilting looks great! I'd call you a very accomplished quilter... and brave to use contrasting thread color! :-) Hope your New Blogger issue has been fixed; I noted that your blog post about it is gone.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

So nice to bind your practice pieces like that. The dahlia is a pattern I haven't seen - it's so pretty.

Angie said...

I'm in awe of your machine quilting skills - lovely!