Monday, October 28, 2019

2019 Stringalong Finale

Lori at Humble Quilts has just posted her final linky party for her Stringalong Challenge here
Over the past few months I began a spiderweb quilt in blues and white, which is still not finished.  The top is progressing slowly and there are still over half the blocks to be completed.  Here's an older progress photo to give you an idea what the eventual quilt will look like.

"Sing the Blues MamaLou" in progress

a bit closer

Over the summer this project got derailed when I decided to work with a little box of colorful batiks and Fossil Fern squares that were cut into strips for these two tops, now awaiting quilting.

"Joseph's Coat"

"Joseph's Coat II"

I'm hoping to get back to "Sing the Blues" after the planned holiday quilting is finished.  That top could probably be completed in less than a week if I could wrangle some 'nothing-but-sewing' days!

Linking with Lori at Humble Quilts.  Thanks Lori for another motivating quiltalong!



14 comments:

Lori said...

I love it! As much as I want to move on there are so many fun varieties of string quilts I'd like to make!!

Julierose said...

Love your spiderweb quilt--really nice selection of blues...hugs, Julierose

Sue said...

Your Joseph's coats quilts are lovely and colourful. I also love your Singing the Blues quilt. Just keep plugging away, even if you make 1 block every week! :-)

Barb said...

Love both of projects! what scrappy fun!

Kyle said...

Oh, I hope you find the time. Sing the Blues is gorgeous.

---"Love" said...

Both Joseph's Coats are beautiful! You blue strings will be lovely too when you get it finished. I hope to make one too sometime.

Janet O. said...

Having the blue spiderweb blocks include a smattering of other colors gives them so much depth and dimension.
Your Joseph's Coat quilt tops really glow in the sun--like stained glass.

Chantal said...

Love your string quilt. It's awesome and not even completed! From afar the circles look like sequins sparkling. Awesome! The Joseph's Coat quilts look like cathedral windows glowing in the sun. So cool! Congrats on these flimsies finishes. ;^)

Lizzy D said...

I love Mama Lou's Blues so much! Will it someday be an auction quilt? Can I bid!? <3

Hill Top Post said...

OH, how I love these quilts. I love the Blues so much, but then Joseph's Coat is just awesome too! Wow, you must work on quilts every day to get so much done.

Quilting Babcia said...

Thanks so much! I had hoped all my blue strips/scraps might disappear into all those spiderwebs, but it seems to have barely made a dent!

Quilting Babcia said...

A day without stitching is a day without sunshine in my life! Waited many years for retirement and a chance to do what I really love.

Needled Mom said...

I love these! I have always enjoyed the Spider Web quilts and the blues really are beautiful in this one. The Joseph's Coat is spectacular too.

FlourishingPalms said...

I love what you're making in the String Along! Making a spider web quilt has been on my "must make" list for many years. Is it a good scrap-buster for you? Or limiting since you're making yours with only blues? I think I'd have to make a rainbow version to truly use up all my scraps, though I'd be low on pinks and purples. The two Joseph's Coat quilt tops you made are favorites of mine. Really, I'm a softie for almost all scrap quilts!