Monday, October 16, 2017

Mug Rug Swap

Good Monday Morning!  Randy at Barrister's Block recently hosted a mug rug swap.  This is the first time I've participated in an online swap, and it turned out to be great fun, albeit with a bit of nervousness on my part. There's a first time for everything, right?

Anyway,  last week I received a little packet from Lori L. (no blog) that contained not one, but two sweet little mug rugs, and here they are!

Aren't they cute?!  I really love the details in each one.  The teacup now resides on my computer desk where my morning coffee sits while I catch up on blogs, the grandkids' antics, etc.

And this one is just fascinating, with great attention to detail and I especially love the way Lori quilted the diagonal lines through each tiny block. That line of quilting adds so much dimension and movement to the whole quilt. This one is currently in the living room on a small table next to the rocking chair where I sit while chatting with my hubby about the days' events as we have our mid-afternoon snack or after supper treats. 
Did you spot the tiny farm critters?

Thank you so much Lori!

And here is the one I made for my swap partner, Debby D.  She also has no blog, but we've communicated back and forth about the swap and quilting in general.  I'm so happy she likes it!  

I've wanted to do a pineapple block for ages, and this seemed the right time to try one. I finished it with a little hand quilting, and machine quilting in the borders since I was running out of time to get it in the mail.  I'd love to make a set of placemats using this block or perhaps a table runner for my daughter as a little housewarming gift as they prepare to move into their first home.

Thanks to Randy for hosting this fun little swap!

11 comments:

julieQ said...

Each one is just so fun...awesome swap!!

Janet O. said...

You had a great swap experience. Wonderful little rugs on both sides of the deal!

Needled Mom said...

Great fun both coming and going. The swaps can be such fun..

Debbie said...

Too cute....all of them! Glad you had a great experience.

Debby Dodds said...

Great fun to see "my" mug rug (that's sitting right next to me on the counter while I comment) along with those you received!! Thank you again along with thanks to Randy for hosting.

Kyle said...

What delightful mug mats for you and for Debby. The pineapple is super cute.

Danice G said...

All adorable mug rugs. The swap really was a lot of fun :)

Barbara said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love mug rugs. So much fun to make them.

Ruth said...

They are all too cute! Love the pineapple!

Martha said...

I love your little pineapple!! You've inspired me to make some pineapple placemats!!! Adorable!!

Cathy said...

I've sure seen some of the cutest mug rugs lately. Evidently this was a fun exchange. I'll have to check out Randy's blog. I might just have to make some pineapple blocks too.