Tuesday, November 27, 2012

And the Traveling Stash Box #5 Winner is ...

It has been a busy week now that Thanksgiving is past, the Christmas gifts to be shipped out are awaiting wrapping and boxing up.  I'm incredibly happy to report that all six gift quilts are finished!  Photos to come right after Christmas!  So, once the boxes have been mailed I can concentrate on catching up on the FMQ Challenges missed over the past couple of months, and eagerly awaiting publication of our December challenge tutorial by Patsy Thompson.  I'll be sad to have this Challenge behind me, it has really helped me focus on this aspect of my quilting and that focus has led to noticeable improvement.  Best of all the Challenge has led to many new blog friends who all are ready to offer encouragement and suggestions when questions arise.  We're all in debt to SewCalGal for her dedication in taking on this monumental project and who has persevered far beyond what we can imagine to keep everything running smoothly. 

A while back I was the lucky winner of the monthly FMQ Challenge drawing, and on Friday my prize arrived.  Sew-Slip mat, sampler pack of various sizes of Aurifil thread, and a Sew-Line marking pencil with ceramic refill leads in three colors.  I've been wanting to try other weights of Aurifil threads and each little spool is a different weight.   An all-around great addition to my quilting room stash of supplies.  Thanks to each of the sponsors of our FMQ Challenge and to SewCalGal! 

OK, the Traveling Stash Box has been sitting in a corner of the sewing room long enough.  At press time there were 10 comments, and I asked my husband to be my random number generator.    He immediately said "One - the first person never thinks they're going to win."   OK then - Martha, this is your lucky day - I hope you bought a mega-lottery ticket!  Your box will be heading out as soon as I have an address.  Thanks to all who participated, and I hope you will enter again when Martha posts the box in the near future.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I am thrilled to be the winner of the traveling stash box!!! How fun!!! It will be like an early Christmas when it arrives. And then , my turn to refill it up with more treasures!!! Thank- you so much!!!!!