Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bonus Challenge from Susan Brubaker Knapp - Part 1

In August, SewCalGal published the second Bonus challenge in our year-long Free Motion Quilting Challenge.  Susan Brubaker Knapp is our very talented quilting expert for this Bonus, which focuses on finding quilting inspiration from simple objects in your own environment.  Part one of the challenge was to grab your camera, find the Macro setting (what, I have a Macro setting on my little pocket Sony - who knew?!), and go out and just snap photos of everything and anything that strikes your fancy.  Sounds easy, and fun, and it was!  Now I just have to choose a design or two from all the possibilities in these photos:












So many possibilities, now to choose just one or two or three to stitch up for my September stand-in challenge piece.   I think I have it narrowed down to two or three at this point.  Stay tuned for further developments.

Thanks Susan Brubaker Knapp for the great inspiration!  You can find Susan's blog here.  This Bonus challenge should be loads of fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got a good eye for texture! This is an exercise that is on my very large to-do list!

Barbara said...

I want to try this one too. I like your selections.

Quilt Inspiration said...

It will be fun to see which inspiration photo you choose. This looks like a fascinating challenge!