The first of the year, a donation quilt for our local hospital's Layette Project:
A little reproduction doll quilt, from Lori's quiltalong at Humble Quilts. Machine pieced on my Singer 301A, handquilted and completed January 2013.
A small doll quilt for a granddaughter. Completed during February 2013, machine pieced and quilted.
Donation baby quilt for local hospital layette project, machine pieced and quilted, February 2013.
"Sophie's Quilt" for a Mom of an Angel. Angel motif inspired by larger quilt by Ulla of Ulla's Quiltworld blog. Machine applique and piecing, hand embroidery, free motion quilting, February 2013.
Another donation baby quilt, machine pieced on a vintage Singer 301a and machine quilted on the Janome Horizon. Finished size 38 x 38 inches; completed March 2013.
Queen size quilt, machine pieced on a vintage Singer 201A Centennial and machine quilted on the Janome Horizon. Finished size 87-1/2 x 112 inches; completed May 2013. Pattern source Fall 2004 Quilt Sampler Magazine.
Queen size (86x86 inches) quilt, machine pieced, needle-turn hand applique and hand quilted, nearly 16 years in the making, between other projects! Quilt is called Biblical Blocks and pattern is from a book of the same name by Rosemary Makhan, published in 1993.
Quick and easy baby quilt, machine pieced and free-motion quilted on the Janome Horizon using the "Jesters Hat" motif. Bound by bringing backing fabric around to the front and hand stitching down.
Baby quilt for our newest grandson, Zachary Jacob. Inspired by a vintage 1920-30 baby quilt seen in the book Great Small Quilts. Upsized a bit to be more of a toddler size. Single wedding ring block pattern, batting Hobbs 80/20 cotton, hand quilted with Coats & Clark 100% cotton glace.
Made from a 1950-1960s era quilt top I found earlier this year, I added the dark brown border to make it a useable size. This was machine quilted on my Janome in an overall meander in an attempt to further protect the less than perfect large machine stitched piecing of the top. An old Mountain Mist 100% cotton batting was used - probably about the same era as the fabrics used in the top. After washing the quilt has a nice old-fashioned crinkly texture. Finished size is about 54x78 inches.