Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Westering Women Block 2

The second block of Barbara Brackman's Westering Women quilt-along was posted this morning, here.   This month's block is named Indian, representing the crossing over into Indian territory by westward settlers.

Today was as good a day as any to get this block finished and keep up with the series.  The basket of scraps and fat quarters I'd gathered for this project came out.

I made my block this afternoon.  A nice easy one.

Blocks 1 and 2 for this series.

I'm already looking forward to next month's block.  It's tempting to make another set of blocks using a more modern palette.  We'll see if that idea goes anywhere.

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

The center fabric in your block is new to me. It is so pretty, and I like the way the soft pink corners tie into it.

Kyle said...

Wow! Up to date in one day!

audrey said...

Love these sampler type quilts. Never know exactly what they're going to look like until you put all the blocks together!

Needled Mom said...

Those fabrics are really gorgeous and the blocks look terrific.

Barbara said...

I love quilts that teach us about history. These are pretty. Love your fabrics.

Barb said...

very nice! I'm planning to do mine today

Ruth said...

Very pretty! I'll have to wait until next week as I'm going on a retreat at the coast this weekend.

Judith said...

Nice blocks. I'm also thinking about doing two sets as twelve won't make a very big quilt.