Thursday, June 11, 2015

More Quilts from the Genesee Valley QuiltFest

My last post featured some of the hand quilted entries at the QuiltFest.  There were several hundred other quilts in the show that were domestic or long-arm quilted.  Here are a few that I lingered over, including this first show-stopper, possibly my very favorite of all the machine quilted entries:


Spectacular quilting in the white blocks on this entry.



Another show-stopper, this was absolutely stunning.  Makes me want to try a one-block wonder.


We loved these panels.  The background color is washed out on some of my photos of these, the background is a fairly deep yellow on all of the panels.




A Judge's Choice winner:  


Wasn't able to stand far enough back to capture the entire quilt.  The softly gradated colors on this quilt were spectacular.



Someday I'd love to do a city-scape quilt picture.  I especially love the ancient middle-eastern and European city quilts I've seen.


It would have been fun to compare the original photograph with the artist's quilted rendition. She did an exceptional job capturing the era of the clothing in her fabric choices.



I hope you enjoyed this brief tour of the QuiltFest.  We really enjoyed this quilt show, one of the best we've attended.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

More amazing quilts! What a great quilt show to go to! Wish we could have seen the whole turquoise star quilt. It is awesome.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful quilts and quilting

Pattilou said...

Oh my! What beautiful quilts you chose to photograph! That Prairie Star is stunning!

Dawn said...

Just went back through your posts, lovely quilts. Thanks for sharing all the photos and cards posted with the quilts. I love one block wonders and have made several, they are so, so fun!